Welcome!

Welcome to The Hurricane Mack Blog. We're a couple of big time sports fans who have decided to talk about what we know best. Enjoy!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Holy Business Batman!

Wowie! How busy have we been? There's been quite the gap between posts for us. Since March, missed the entire month of April..that's a long time. Well... here it goes...

Instead of trying to play catch up, I'm just going to dive right in. Game 4 of the Western Semifinals between my San Jose Sharks and the Detroit Red Wings was played tonight...what a sham! With the Sharks up 3-0 in the series, they chose today to lay an egg, and what an egg they laid! 7-1, really? It was bad, but I really have no beef with that. The Sharks had been owning the Red Wings and no one is perfect. Good thing they got it out of their system, right? Now is a time to close out the series though. End it in five games, at home at the Shark Tank (AKA HP Pavilion) and party through the Saturday night. After all, Saturday nights alright according to one Sir Elton John.

My complaint is that when the Tiberones took games 1-3 all I saw and heard from the national press is, "What's wrong with Detroit? Can they get back in the series?" Never was is, "Amazing play from the boys in teal. Domination!" Anyone else see a problem with this? East Coast biased! And certainly no love for the Bay Area. And that's just in hockey!

Baseball has the same problem. Before the season began it was "Seattle set to take the West, but let's not forget about Mike Scioscia's boys. Texas has also put together a nice young team." Now that the Green and Gold is tied for first place with the same Angels and Mariners 3.5 games back what do we hear? "Cliff Lee just might give the M's the spark they need to clinch the West, but you can never count out the Halos. Ron Washington has his boys playing like we thought they would." In neither situation do they speak of my Athletics.

Now I'm not asking for much, I just want equality. Why can't I get more of my Boys from the Bay on Sportscenter? Why is it that the highlight reels fill up when the Yankees come to town and walk away with a victory, but it's barely a boxscore when the A's topple the Bronx Bombers? I may never get the equality I seek, but I will forever be linked to the Bay.

No comments: